Popular Post

Friday, April 3, 2009

Am I That Unrecognisable?

Last Wednesday C asked me out for lunch. He’s an acquaintance whom I met a couple of years ago while hunting for a job. We’ve gone out for lunch a couple of times, and that’s about it.

On that day, C said he’ll text me when he arrive at the lobby of my office building.

When I got out of the lift, I could see C waiting a distance away looking at the lifts to see if I got off any of ‘em. I started walking towards him and about 10 metres away I waved and smiled at him.

He stared at me, blankly.

WTF! I looked like an idiot waving at somebody who couldn’t recognize me! I mean come on, this is not the first time I’m meeting this bloody bugger.

When I approached him, I said, “Hey C, it’s me la. Don’t you recognize me?”

With the blank look still on his face, C looked at me and said, “Oh …,” to acknowledge that his stupid neurons have finally registered my face.

“Sorry, I’ve got a lot on my mind la,” C said.

My mind was urging me to scream, “Hey idiot, if you have lots on your mind, then don’t ask me out for lunch. You ask me out and then you behave like you don't know me. Everybody also got lots on their mind la, not only you!”

But it’s the season of Lent, so I said, “Eh friend, next time acknowledge la,” albeit irritatingly.

C apologized after hearing the tone in my voice, but the damage has been done.

Maybe I should stop going out for lunches with this loser.

P/S If you think C is a loser, wait till you read about TE, in my next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment