Popular Post

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Holiday Souvenirs for Colleagues


Souvenir stalls in Bangkok.

Do you buy holiday souvenirs for your colleagues whenever you holiday out of country?

Well I don't, and I don't plan to start because they'll expect it everytime.

But I've got a few thick-skinned colleagues who have the cheek to ask every single time I return from a holiday.

Come on ... I've already spent hard-earned money on the flight, lodging, food, ground travel, entrance fees, etc. And you expect me to buy holiday souvenirs for you? You can dream on, brother ...

These buggers have no shame at all.

I've heard of a case where a supervisor threatened his subordinates with poor appraisal scores if they didn't buy any holiday souvenir for him. His subordinates eventually made a report to human resources and he got into trouble. Why go through so much trouble for some stupid holiday souvenir?

The next time if any of my colleagues asks, I'm gonna reply, "Buying holiday souvenirs for you is not part of my job description."

No comments:

Post a Comment